Cell phone-giant Samsung is set to launch a latest phone which will include parts from its Galaxy Note 7 famously discontinued after a battery fault led to some devices catching fire.
Samsung said the Note Fan Edition would “minimize the environmental impact” of its high-profile flop.
The latest phone is set to hit shelves on 7 July and the model will only be available in South Korea, with a safer, smaller battery, the firm added.
The firm blocked production on its iPhone competitor late last year following an earlier messed up recall and re-release.
It is estimated that more than 2.5 million handsets have since been recalled. The latest phone features components from those recalled devices, as well as brand new parts Samsung has in stock.
In the recent time since the last year handset burning incidents, environmentalists had been putting pressure on the company to reuse Galaxy Note 7 components to cut the amount of so-called e-waste.
According to reports more than 400,000 handsets will be made available from Friday. It will be priced about 30% lesser than the Galaxy Note 7 at around 700,00 Korean won or $615; £472.
The upcoming smart phone will have built-in with 3,200 mAh batteries that Samsung says have conceded with strict safety tests. The Note 7 used 3,500 mAh batteries.
Moreover the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the successor to the original Note 7, is due for launch later this year.