Throughout 2022, Nasdaq maintained an IPO win fee of 89%, extending its management to 36 consecutive quarters. In whole, Nasdaq welcomed 156 corporations to the market this yr, together with 85 working corporations and 71 particular function acquisition corporations (SPACs), elevating a whole of $14.8 billion, in addition to 29 trade transfers. The continued success of Nasdaq displays our ongoing funding in consumer success as a trusted house for a few of the most modern corporations on the market.
This yr was difficult throughout industries, with the geopolitical uncertainty and rising rates of interest to curb inflation. But amidst these challenges, Nasdaq nonetheless had a lot to rejoice, with 74% of all proceeds raised by way of IPOs being listed on Nasdaq, together with seven of the highest 10 largest IPOs by proceeds raised this yr, of which three had been ranked in the highest 5.
The high three of the biggest listings on Nasdaq this yr embody:
- TPG (TPG) – A frontrunner in the choice asset house, TPG manages $135 billion in property by way of a principled give attention to innovation.
- Mobileye (MBLY) – Mobileye is driving the worldwide evolution towards a smarter, safer driverless future with pioneering core expertise for autonomous automobiles.
- Screaming Eagle Acquisition Corp., SPAC (SCRM) – A Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC), that seeks to deliver worth to shareholders by way of mergers and enterprise mixtures.
Alongside Screaming Eagle Acquisition Corp., Nasdaq continued its success in the SPAC market, welcoming 86% of all SPAC IPOs, elevating $9.7 billion. Notably, a whole of 68 SPAC enterprise mixtures listed on Nasdaq this yr, representing a 72%-win fee in the U.S., together with the biggest SPAC combo change of 2022, Selina (SLNA). Nasdaq additionally maintained its dominance in the healthcare, client and expertise sectors with win charges of 93%, 94% and 95%, respectively.
Nasdaq’s constant listings dominance yr after yr is because of our focused funding in modernizing the capital markets. As a part of our effort to enhance the listings course of, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission just lately accepted Nasdaq’s proposal to optimize present guidelines for a direct itemizing with a capital increase. The first-of-its-kind rule permits a firm to promote shares in the opening public sale on Nasdaq at a value exterior of the vary in their registration assertion—as much as 20% under and 80% above. According to Nelson Griggs, President of Nasdaq Stock Exchange, this new rule “provides companies with more flexibility to join the public markets and reach investors.”
While enhancing the listings course of, Nasdaq additionally celebrated a number of vital itemizing anniversaries, together with:
- Applied Materials (AMAT) – 50 years
- Fastenal (FAST) – 35 years
- Mercado Libre (MELI) – 15 years
- Lululemon (LULU) – 15 years
- Mondelēz International (MDLZ) – 10 years
- Workday (WDAY) – 5 years
Nasdaq believes our efforts will proceed our listings management into 2023 and past.
“We believe there is a strong pipeline of companies heading into next year that are waiting for their window of opportunity to transition to the public markets,” stated Griggs.